Infectious Diseases Pharmacist
TITLE: Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist
Location: Columbus, OH
Now is an exciting opportunity to join a top-rated hospital recognized by Forbes magazine. At this hospital, you will have the chance for career growth and be part of a team that exceeds patient and community expectations. We are seeking talented individuals who share our values and commitment to exceptional healthcare.
Located in the serene countryside, our hospital offers the perfect balance between rural tranquility and accessibility to the vibrant city life. If you are looking for a change and a rewarding work environment, please read on.
What we're looking for:
- Pharmacy doctorate (PharmD) or equivalent. Residency preferred.
- Licensed Pharmacist in the State of Ohio.
- At least two years experience in a hospital or similar health system.
Hours and compensation potential:
- The position is full-time on the day shift.
- The salary range is between $108K-149K, depending on experience.
- A full benefits package is offered.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide general clinical pharmacy services, including M.U.E. development and reporting, teaching opportunities, and clinical staffing.
- Lead the antimicrobial stewardship strategy for assigned site(s) in collaboration with the system's antimicrobial stewardship team.
- Develop, enforce, and maintain policies and procedures that enhance patient outcomes through safe, effective, cost-efficient, and appropriate medication therapy use for patients receiving antimicrobials.
- Coordinate and maintain the antimicrobial stewardship program, including utilization audits, development of an approved antimicrobial formulary, collaboration with the infectious disease service and medical staff to evaluate appropriate use of restricted antimicrobials, and various monitoring and intervention strategies for antimicrobial use.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards related to safe and appropriate antimicrobial use.
- Contact prescribers to clarify medication orders or notify them of unobtainable medications to reduce the possibility of errors or therapy delays.
- Assist in inventory management and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Evaluate processes to provide cost-effective care within budget.
- Support the formulary practices of the department to provide optimal care at an affordable price.
- Maintain medication on assigned patient care areas.
- Prepare emergency carts and boxes to ensure availability of in-date medication for emergency situations.
- Calculate ingredients for nutritional therapy.
- Monitor drug therapy and resolve potential medication problems.
- Apply pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic principles to personalize drug dosing.
- Respond to and support Code Blue and Code Trauma situations.
- This position reports to the Director of Pharmacy.
- Great team to work with.
- Excellent growth opportunity for individuals with a few years of clinical experience.