Infectious Disease Pharmacist
Location: Buckeye Lake, OH
TITLE: Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist
Location: Columbus, OH
Now is your chance to join a top-ranked hospital as recognized by Forbes magazine, where exceptional career growth and opportunities await you. Our hospital is dedicated to building healthcare teams that consistently exceed the expectations of our patients and community, and we are actively seeking talented individuals who share our values. Nestled in a picturesque rural setting, we offer the perfect balance of tranquility and easy access to the excitement of the nearby metropolis. If you are seeking a fulfilling change, read on for more information.
- Pharmacy doctorate (PharmD) or equivalent. Residency preferred.
- Currently licensed as a Pharmacist in the State of Ohio.
- At least two years of experience in a hospital or similar health system.
- This is a full-time position on the day shift.
- Compensation ranges from $108,000 to $149,000 depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package included.
- Provide general clinical pharmacy services, including M.U.E. development and reporting, and occasional teaching opportunities.
- Lead the antimicrobial stewardship strategy for assigned site(s) in collaboration with the system antimicrobial stewardship team.
- Develop, enforce, and maintain policies and procedures that promote safe, effective, and cost-efficient medication therapy for patients receiving antimicrobials.
- Coordinate and oversee the antimicrobial stewardship program, including utilization audits, formulary development, evaluation of appropriate antimicrobial use, and the implementation of monitoring and intervention strategies.
- Review data and metrics on antimicrobial use and report to the infectious disease committee and P&T committee.
- Coordinate education, training, and competency assessments for pharmacists regarding the appropriate use of antimicrobials.
- Serve as a pharmacy consultant to the infectious disease committee and P&T committee.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards related to safe and appropriate antimicrobial use.
- Contact prescribers to clarify medication orders and address unobtainable medications to minimize errors or delays in therapy.
- Assist with inventory management and ordering of pharmaceuticals to maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Evaluate processes to provide cost-effective care within budget.
- Support formulary practices and procurement of quality generic products.
- Maintain medication on assigned patient care areas.
- Prepare emergency carts and boxes to ensure the availability of in-date medication during emergency situations.
- Calculate caloric and/or electrolyte ingredients for TPN to ensure accurate administration of patients' nutritional therapy.
- Monitor drug therapy, screen for potential medication problems, and resolve issues without patient harm.
- Apply pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic principles to individualize drug dosing.
- Respond to and support Code Blue and Code Trauma situations to maximize patient survival and stabilization.
- This position reports to the Director of Pharmacy.
- Opportunity for growth and advancement for candidates with clinical experience.