Cardiac Catheterization Technician
Location: Huron, OH
TITLE: Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
LOCATION: Huron, Ohio
Now is your opportunity to join a prestigious hospital where there are abundant chances for career advancement and growth.
An opening is available at a well-established healthcare system with 400 beds, serving four counties in north central Ohio.
The town has been recognized as the "Best Coastal Small Town in America".
This position offers the unique advantage of living and working in a flourishing area along the picturesque shores of Lake Erie, with easy access to nearby major cities.
If you are seeking a change, keep reading for further details...
What we are seeking:
• Possess current licensure as an RCIS or RT(R, CV) in the State of Ohio; three years of experience in catheterization preferred.
• Hold a valid and up-to-date ACLS certification as well as BLS certification.
Hours and compensation details:
• This is a full-time day shift position from 7:30am to 4:00pm. Evening and weekend on-call rotations are required with a 30-minute response time, and call rooms are available if necessary.
• Compensation ranges from $26.74 to $36.33 per hour, depending on experience. On-call pay is $4 per hour. If called in, a minimum of 1 hour of pay will be provided at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
A comprehensive benefits package is also included, along with a $10,000 retention bonus paid in three installments at 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year, based on a two-year agreement.
Responsibilities in this role:
• Deliver professional, highly technical cardiovascular care to patients undergoing cardiovascular procedures, while providing assistance to physicians throughout the process. Act as a liaison between patients, families, and physicians.
• Assist in preparing cardiac cath lab procedure rooms by organizing the necessary instruments, supplies, and equipment.
• Demonstrate proficiency in using procedure-specific equipment, pressure monitoring, cardiovascular anatomy and physiology, EKG interpretation, sterile technique, and radiation safety practices.
• Perform scrubbing, circulating, and monitoring duties during all Cath Lab procedures.
• Inspect and prepare the operative area as required.
• Effectively communicate pertinent procedural information to physicians and other healthcare personnel.
• Adhere to sterile technique protocols and ensure proper disposal of infected materials.
• Accurately record EKG information, pressure tracings, and any changes observed during procedures. Maintain complete documentation of cardiovascular procedures and ensure completion of all registry abstracts. Prepare patients for emergency coronary artery bypass graft by completing appropriate documentation, sending necessary blood work to the lab, and notifying the cardiovascular team.
• Document all medications administered, contrast injections, attempts at vessel modification, and any other relevant information related to the procedure.
• Respond appropriately to emergency situations and request assistance when needed. Provide post-catheterization information to patients and their significant others.
• Assist cardiologists during procedures by supplying equipment and anticipating routine and special needs.
• Assist in room clean-up after cases and prepare the room for the next procedure.
• Perform digital imaging techniques and maintain archival storage of digitized data.
• Collect and enter accurate information required for ACC Data Submission.
• Demonstrate knowledge of all supplies used in the Cath Lab, such as catheters and guide wires, and assist in tracking their usage for proper billing and inventory control.
• Collaborate with other healthcare team members to establish and achieve healthcare goals. Demonstrate an understanding of cardiac pharmacology.
• Gain proficiency in troubleshooting Cath Lab equipment.
• Remove arterial and venous sheaths and complete documentation. Stay up-to-date with closure devices currently in use and assist with their deployment and post-care.
• This position is located in a beautiful coastal small town on the shores of Lake Erie in north central Ohio.
• The role reports to the Director and offers the opportunity to work with a team of compassionate, caring individuals.