Capital Projects Category Coordinator
Location: Schaumburg, IL
As the Capital Projects Category Coordinator, you will collaborate with stakeholders to lead, develop, and implement sourcing and procurement strategies for CAPEX in Schaumburg, IL. This role involves serving as the liaison between selected vendors and the plant to ensure the technical scope of work aligns with company safety requirements. The ideal candidate for this position should possess a strong passion for building business partnerships, finding creative solutions, and continuously improving processes.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Create category-specific strategies for Capital Equipment and Services that deliver enhanced value for money, mitigate risk, improve quality and service.
- Maintain safety protocols and safeguards for all contractors, vendors, equipment designs, materials, processes, and work methods in accordance with company safety standards.
- Collaborate with key plant operations, engineering stakeholders, and senior leadership to align with strategic direction, capital needs, and business priorities.
- Analyze trends within the category, design multi-year sourcing strategies, and develop programs that give the business a competitive advantage.
- Manage the procurement process for all Capex projects, including vendor or supplier planning and execution, contract coordination, negotiation, and risk assessment.
- Create solid commercial agreements that comply with business, legal, sustainability, and ethical requirements.
- Directly manage contracts and suppliers for the Capital Equipment & Services category, including equipment, engineering & design, and construction, by utilizing supplier scorecards, conducting quarterly business reviews, and ensuring compliance and value delivery.
- Ensure all purchasing activities adhere to appropriate procedures and protocols. Monitor and track project execution according to sourcing and procurement plans, considering cost and timeline.
- Serve as a liaison between company stakeholders and suppliers/contractors/sub-contractors to ensure contract fulfillment. Facilitate issue resolution by enforcing compliance with Change Management Process requirements and promoting optimal customer satisfaction.
- Communicate relevant information on the Capital Equipment & Services category to stakeholders, promoting industry best practices and trends.
- Analyze and monitor market and industry data to ensure the competitiveness of programs throughout the agreement period.
- Offer innovative ideas and challenge requirements to create a competitive advantage and provide effective business solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, engineering, business administration, or a related field (preferred).
- Professional certifications in Supply Chain or Procurement (SCMP/CPSM) or Project Management (preferred).
- Over 15 years of experience in strategic sourcing and capital procurement, with practical application to sourcing projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an understanding of total system cost concepts.
- Experience conducting Should Cost, TCO, and ROI analysis/review.
- In-depth knowledge of Capital Equipment and related services.
- Prior experience managing a Capital Equipment spend portfolio of $150M+.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and project management capabilities.
- A sense of urgency and a results-oriented mindset.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify problems, determine root causes, propose solutions, and drive execution.
- Proficiency in time management, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with SAP Procurement modules.
- Preferred ability to read engineering prints and understand other EPCI terminology.