Licensed Pharmacy Technician
Location: Centerburg, OH
TITLE: Pharmacy Tech
LOCATION: Centerburg, Ohio
Here is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of a leading hospital that offers excellent career growth and prospects.
They are dedicated to creating healthcare teams that surpass the expectations of their patients and community, and they are seeking individuals who share their values.
Do you want to live or work in a small town near Columbus, Ohio, enjoying the best of both small-town charm and big-city conveniences?
If this change sounds appealing to you, please continue reading.
What we are searching for:
• Currently registered as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Ohio.
• Possess Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification.
Working hours and potential compensation:
• This position is full-time. The schedule consists of 4 10-hour days starting at 8am or 9am, working in the main pharmacy for one week. The following week entails 3 12-hour shifts, handling Medication Reconciliation. Weekends are required once a month from 9am-7:30pm.
• The salary range is between $37500-$50,000, depending on experience, and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting pharmacists in providing medications to patients and patient care areas in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
• Assisting in all aspects of drug preparation and distribution.
• Understanding the needs of a patient population encompassing neonates, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
• Monitoring and maintaining clerical duties within the department.
• Preparing intravenous admixtures, unit dose formulations, and compounded medications using aseptic technique.
• Obtaining medication histories and patient allergies from relevant sources for new patients entering through the Emergency Department and documenting this information in the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
• Communicating directly with pharmacists regarding complex/high-risk medications for patients.
• Recording charges and credits on patient accounts.
• Ensuring timely and accurate ordering, receiving, and stocking of pharmacy medications.
• Adhering to organizational policies and procedures, regulatory/accrediting body requirements, and professional practice standards.
• The position is located northeast of Columbus.
• The pharmacy team is a cohesive group, and the Director is highly regarded within the organization.