Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: Columbus, OH
Seize this opportunity to join a prestigious hospital recognized by Forbes magazine as one of the top 100 in the country. This institution is committed to assembling healthcare teams that consistently exceed the expectations of their patients and the community. We are currently seeking exceptional individuals who share our values to be part of our team.
Our hospital is nestled in a picturesque rural setting, providing a peaceful work environment, while still being conveniently close to the vibrant city life. If you envision change and growth in your career, read on for further details.
- Must possess a Chemical Dependency Professionals Board license.
- LSW or LPC certification is required.
- CDCA, LCDC II, III, or LICDC license from the Chemical Dependency Professionals Board is mandatory. Preference is given to candidates with a higher licensing level than CDCA.
Working Hours and Compensation:
- This position offers full-time day shift hours. On occasion, evening group sessions may need to be conducted as a backup when staff members are on vacation.
- The compensation range is between $46K and $83K, depending on experience.
- We provide a comprehensive benefits package.
- Provide therapeutic counseling to individuals with chemical dependency, utilizing a comprehensive bio-psychosocial approach.
- Educate patients and their families about the disease process of chemical dependency.
- Lead group discussions, conduct individual sessions with patients concerning chemical dependency issues, and assign group activities for Mental Health Technicians.
- Assess the needs of patients and recommend appropriate group sessions.
- Complete billing charges/sheets on a daily basis.
- Utilize historical and current data to assess patient needs effectively.
- Apply effective interviewing and supportive counseling skills.
- Provide crisis intervention for individuals and families, as well as clinical interventions with chemical dependency clients.
- Act as an advocate, mediator, and facilitator for clients.
- This position reports to an exceptional manager known for their professionalism, empathy, and high expectations of staff.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a great group of colleagues.