Location: Columbus, OH
TITLE: Clinical Pharmacist
Location: Columbus, OH
Now is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious hospital ranked in the Forbes magazine top 100. This hospital values career growth and provides ample opportunities for advancement.
The hospital is dedicated to assembling healthcare teams that go above and beyond to meet the needs of their patients and community. They are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about making a difference in healthcare.
The hospital is situated in a charming rural area while still being in close proximity to the bustling city life.
If you are seeking a change and this aligns with your goals, please continue reading.
• Must have a PharmD and be a licensed pharmacist in the state of Ohio.
• Preference will be given to candidates with prior hospital experience, although those with a retail background will be considered as well.
Working hours and compensation:
• This is a full-time position with a mixture of day and evening shifts. The shifts are 8 hours long and have start times of 5am, 7:30am, 12:30pm, and 1:30pm. The schedule includes rotating weekends every fourth week. Approximately 80% of the shifts are during the day and 20% are in the evening.
• The salary range is between $48 to $65 per hour, depending on experience. Evening, night, and weekend shifts are eligible for a shift differential pay of $2.75 per hour.
• A comprehensive benefits package, including relocation assistance, is offered.
• Compound and/or dispense medications to patients.
• Provide drug information and education to customers to optimize the quality of care.
• Enter medication orders accurately into the computer system to ensure completeness of the patient's medication profile.
• Offer timely and accurate drug and toxicological information to customers to enhance knowledge and minimize risk of adverse events.
• Perform accurate calculations of caloric and/or electrolyte ingredients for TPN to ensure correct administration of patients' nutritional therapy.
• Monitor drug therapy of patients by screening for potential medication problems and resolving issues involving drug interactions, incompatibilities, and potential allergies to prevent harm to patients.
• Utilize pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic principles to customize drug dosing for individual patients.
• This position reports to a newly appointed Director, following the retirement of the previous director.
• The hospital boasts a supportive and collaborative team environment.