Manufacturing Controls Engineer I
Position: Controls Engineer I – Manufacturing
Location: Roxboro, NC
A manufacturing company based in Roxboro, NC is currently seeking a Junior Controls Engineer with at least 2 years of experience working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC). Experience with Siemens is a plus, although exceptional candidates with Allen Bradley experience will also be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established manufacturing company and play a key role in their engineering department. The position offers room for growth and the chance to expand your engineering experience.
Candidates looking to relocate to North Carolina will be considered, and some relocation expenses will be provided.
- Provide support with IT functions in multiple areas, including Programmable Logic Controllers, Human Machine Interfaces, automation, and desktop networks
- Perform various integration tasks, such as SCADA development, monitoring and improving processes, and collecting data
- Utilize design drawings, electrical schematics, and panel layouts to analyze and maintain company systems
- Manage multiple automation projects, including reviewing project documentation, effective communication with all levels in the organization, understanding process requirements, creating sequences of operations, and directing co-workers and contractors as necessary
- Analyze downtime related to IT activities and functions and develop corrective actions to improve performance
- Support the company's quality and safety initiatives
- At least 2 years of experience with Programmable Logic Controllers and Human Machine Interfaces, Siemens experience is a plus (Allen Bradley experience will also be considered for exceptional candidates)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience in a continuous process manufacturing facility