In-house Talent Acquisition Specialist
The position of In-house Talent Acquisition Specialist is available in Boston, MA. The main responsibility of this role is to support the recruiting efforts of the organization across all locations. The successful candidate will utilize various platforms such as job boards, social media sites, and networking groups to source and recruit suitable candidates. They will also pre-screen potential candidates and present them to the Hiring Manager for review and interview. Other administrative duties related to recruiting will include creating and posting positions, scheduling interviews, coordinating testing, and assisting in the onboarding process for new employees.
The ideal candidate for this position should have excellent organization and presentation skills and be a self-starter. Advanced knowledge of social media recruiting is required to effectively build a presence on these platforms.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans.
- Source passive candidates using various tools and programs like search engines, career sites, LinkedIn, social media, job boards, and other innovative sourcing techniques.
- Leverage professional associations, cold calling, internet searches, networking, recruiting events, labor market data, and other emerging technology to generate diverse candidate slates.
- Organize hiring events and participate in job fairs to establish connections with potential candidates.
- Oversee internal and external communication to maintain a positive employer reputation.
- Build and maintain relationships with universities, employment agencies, and other recruitment resources.
- Analyze existing talent acquisition procedures and propose new methods to find great candidates.
- Evaluate resumes and screen candidates for open positions.
- Hire, retain, and develop the right people to reduce turnover and improve the quality of new hires.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels and reduce fill times at all levels of the organization.
- Work with Managers to fill open positions with suitable candidates.
- Identify candidates with potential for development.
- Provide a desirable workforce that aligns with the organization's growth.
- Reduce dependency on contingent workforce.
- Conduct job studies, develop selection criteria, screen and evaluate applicants, and recommend candidates for interviews.
- Conduct recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees.
- Manage internal and external job postings.
- Assist staff members in creating job-related interview questions.
- Check applicant references, make job offers, and initiate necessary paperwork for new hires.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state employment regulations.
- Participate in the development and execution of orientation programs for new employees.
- Hire the right person for each position to build bench strength.
- Assist and track employee onboarding.
- Prepare and maintain job documentation, job evaluation, and salary structure systems.
- Track recruitment KPIs, such as time to hire, source of hire, and time to fill.
- Conduct 30/60/90 day new employee stay meetings.
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum 1-3 years of sourcing experience in a manufacturing, distribution, or retail environment.
Skills and abilities:
- Experience with social media recruiting.
- Strong interviewing skills and familiarity with various interview techniques.
- Familiarity with full cycle recruitment.
- Proven leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Effective interface with management.
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
- Ability to travel to other facilities as needed (minimal).