Location: Fort Wayne, IN
- Generate cost calculations for new and existing parts and provide cost break-downs as required.
- Create and utilize Excel spreadsheets for complex calculations, data tracking, and report publishing.
- Analyze cost components and drivers of current manufacturing processes within the company.
- Estimate production costs for new manufacturing processes.
- Determine part packaging costs.
- Create Bill of Materials and routings in ERP system.
- Investigate and rectify ERP costing errors.
- Collaborate with Industrial Engineer Department to estimate tooling costs.
- Work with Industrial Engineer Department in Mexico to keep the cycle time and setup time tables/files up-to-date for current and new part processes.
- Coordinate with the Controlling Department in Mexico to make changes to information in SAP, including defining machine hour rates.
- Prepare reports and monitor key performance indicators.
- Ability to interpret part drawings, material specifications, dimensions, tolerances, and GD&T.
- Ability to identify manufacturing processes and assembly steps required based on drawings, bill of material, or verbal description.
- Knowledge of a wide range of production equipment, manufacturing and assembly processes, gauges, and fixtures.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and 2 years' experience in product costing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting terms and practices.