Product Development Engineer
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Design Engineer to join a global automotive manufacturing company located near Dayton, OH. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and driving the execution of new product development projects, from design through CAE, prototyping, and testing.
- The successful candidate will design component parts and create 3D math data and 2D drawings.
- They will also lead communications between the customer and the designers.
- Assisting in determining and meeting customer requirements, as well as assessing product performance, manufacturability, and cost management.
- Setting and achieving project objectives, kick-off, milestones, on-time completion, and post-project effectiveness analyses.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Design Engineer.
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D drawings.
- CATIA experience and/or knowledge.
- Automotive industry knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Chassis experience.
- Experience with sheet metal stamping, welding, or aluminum.
- Knowledge of material stress/strain, stiffness, and strength.