Medical Surgical Unit Director
TITLE: Director Medical Surgical Unit (Nursing)
Are you searching for a workplace that prioritizes work/life balance? Are you interested in joining a small community hospital where you can make a meaningful impact on patient outcomes, rather than just being another employee of a large system?
If this opportunity aligns with what you're looking for, please continue reading...
What we're seeking:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing Required.
- Preferably with Director experience, although candidates with two years of Nurse Manager experience will be considered.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas, or immediately eligible.
- Basic Life Support certification required within 60 days of employment. Advanced Cardiac Life Support & Pediatric Advanced Life Support certifications within 90 days of employment.
Hours and compensation:
- The position entails full-time day shifts.
- The salary range is $110,000 to $130,000, depending on experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package is offered, including a CME allowance and a $20,000 sign-on bonus.
- Under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Nursing Director will plan, implement, direct, and evaluate the nursing care provided by assigned units.
- Coordinate the delivery of patient services and maintain a conducive learning environment.
- Develop and evaluate staff members.
- Advocate for patients within the healthcare system.
- Ensure the management of all facets of nursing activities for assigned unit(s) on a twenty-four (24) hour basis.
- Assure that nursing care meets legal, ethical, institutional, and professional standards.
- Participate in the Hospital's Quality Improvement and Service Excellence programs.
- Interpret and facilitate the application and implementation of the philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department and organization.
What you can expect:
- The position is located within an hour from Houston.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a great group that is experiencing growth. You will supervise approximately 40 FTE's.
- The facility, which includes the Rural Health Clinic, has about 120 beds and is accredited as a not-for-profit acute care community hospital.