Chief of Veterinary Research
Chief of Veterinary Research - Naples, FL
We are a leading organization in the drug development sector, committed to groundbreaking solutions for infectious diseases and gene therapies. Our state-of-the-art bio-secure facility supports a wide range of preclinical programs, driven by a dedication to scientific excellence and innovation.
As the Chief of Veterinary Research, you will play a vital role in shaping the strategic direction and operational management of our veterinary research department. This pivotal position requires a combination of scientific expertise and leadership skills, ensuring that our research protocols accurately reflect the complexities of human diseases and treatment approaches.
- Strategic Leadership:
- Create and implement long-term strategies for the veterinary research department to support the organization's research and development objectives.
- Lead operational planning and execution, ensuring the efficient and effective achievement of departmental goals.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and ethical standards, maintaining vital accreditations and meeting the requirements of AAALAC, USDA, FDA, and other relevant bodies.
- Prepare for and oversee compliance audits and reports, maintaining exceptional standards of research and animal well-being.
- Research Management:
- Oversee the design and implementation of preclinical studies, ensuring their alignment with scientific, regulatory, and ethical standards.
- Provide expert guidance in the development of animal models for preclinical research, ensuring their relevance to therapeutic targets.
- Operational Excellence:
- Manage daily operations, including budgeting, staffing, and resource allocation, to optimize the performance of the veterinary research department.
- Incorporate new technologies and methodologies to enhance research outcomes and operational workflows.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead the recruitment, training, and mentorship of a multidisciplinary team, cultivating a culture of excellence and ethical research.
- Develop and implement professional development programs to nurture talent within the department.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to ensure the integration and support of the veterinary research strategy throughout the organization.
- Maintain open channels of communication with internal and external stakeholders, providing updates on departmental progress and strategic achievements.
- Quality Assurance:
- Uphold the highest quality standards in all research activities, continuously auditing and enhancing processes.
- Ensure that the health and well-being of animals are paramount considerations in all research endeavors.
- Institutional Engagement:
- Active participation in institutional committees, such as the IACUC, offering expertise on animal welfare and research integrity.
- DVM from an AVMA-accredited program with ACLAM certification.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a research or laboratory animal facility, including 5 years in a leadership position.
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning and operational management within a veterinary research or related research environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory compliance standards in a research setting.
- Proven leadership qualities with the ability to manage and develop a diverse team.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage stakeholders.