Non-Profit Development Director
Our client is a leader in providing support and hope to individuals facing homelessness and related challenges. They have been serving the Pittsburgh area for over 70 years and have been recognized with the Best Christian Workplace award.
We are currently seeking a Non-Profit Development Director to build on the organization's recent successes, including expanding budgets and the completion of a $24 Million capital campaign. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser who is outgoing, persuasive, and adaptable. With our strong team and our 4-Star Rating by Charity Navigator, you will have the opportunity to thrive in this growing non-profit.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Non-Profit Development Director will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive fundraising, marketing, event, and volunteer programs.
- Establish, lead, and manage all processes related to the Development Team's goals.
- Supervise the Development Manager, Sr. Marketing Manager, Event Manager, and Volunteer Experience Specialist and support their success in achieving their objectives.
- Represent and present the organization at events, churches, businesses, and other organizations within the community.
- Contribute to media representation efforts.
- Create and execute a comprehensive, multi-year fundraising plan to increase philanthropic support.
- Provide oversight and input in marketing, communications, event management, and volunteer engagement.
Donor & Prospect Management:
- Maintain a portfolio of major and planned gift prospects, keeping regular contact and spending a significant portion of time on direct fundraising efforts.
- Ensure consistent and appropriate contact, solicitations, and stewardship.
- Conduct face-to-face visits with prospects and donors and participate in solicitations.
- Assess prospects and develop strategies to maximize donor potential.
- Identify and qualify new major and planned gift prospects.
- Persuasively communicate the organization's needs to prospects and match their interests with specific initiatives.
- Maintain strong communication with colleagues in Programs and Administration to ensure effective collaboration in achieving fundraising goals.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least five years of experience in fundraising, sales and marketing, and/or public relations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate diplomacy.
- Demonstrated success in raising capital, program support, and endowment gifts.
- Experience working in a multifaceted development environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and reliable internet service.
- Experience using CRM software such as Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, etc.