Surgical Services Director
TITLE: Director Surgical Services
LOCATION: Fairfield, IA
Would you like to work in a facility that prioritizes work/life balance and treats you like family, not just an employee?
Live in a community situated on the Banks of the Des Moines river, within an hour to an hour and a half of Des Moines and Iowa City.
Enjoy a great place to live with a lower cost of living and a diverse economy supported by agriculture, livestock, machinery, healthcare, higher education, and financial services.
This vibrant community offers something for everyone, all in a town with a population of 25,000.
What we are looking for:
- Associates and Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Preferred 5 years of previous Surgical Services experience and a couple of years of management experience in an acute care setting.
- Current RN License in Iowa required at time of hire, as well as current BLS, ACLS, PALS certifications.
Hours and compensation potential:
- This is a full-time position.
- The salary range is between $93K-$125K.
- The facility offers a comprehensive benefits package and provides assistance with relocation/sign-on bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
- The Director of Surgical Services is a registered professional nurse with 24-hour accountability and responsibility for overall Surgical Services operations.
- You will be responsible for selecting staff and implementing the service structure, while maintaining a patient-centered culture in the hospital.
- You will manage multiple aspects within the patient care environment, monitor and maintain clinical standards of care, and ensure appropriate staffing resources for quality patient care.
- Participate in or lead committees, work groups, and meetings as necessary.
- Provide organizational leadership in the development, implementation, and maintenance of services in alignment with the Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Plan.
- Develop annual budgets for surgical services, including revenue, personnel, operations, and capital expenses, using sound rationale, justification, and recommendations.
- The facility has over 200 beds.
- This position reports to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO).
- We have a great department where everyone works well together, so we are looking for someone who fits in and possesses excellent communication skills.