Environmental Health and Safety Officer
Prepare to have a significant impact on workplace safety by joining our dynamic team as an enthusiastic EHS Specialist! In this crucial role, you will contribute to cultivating a secure and healthy work environment. We are thrilled to have someone of your caliber join our established and rapidly growing company. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources and collaborating with the management team, you will advocate for EHS best practices and foster a safety-first culture.
- Facilitate engaging and informative training sessions on health and safety policies, ensuring practical application and active participation.
- Conduct regular, detailed inspections to identify potential hazards and address EHS violations proactively.
- Advocate for compliance by implementing dynamic health and safety protocols to elevate our safety standards.
- Complete meticulous documentation, prepare detailed incident reports and comprehensive health and safety manuals.
- Report incidents and compliance status to management and regulatory agencies.
- Stay up to date with the latest EHS trends, policies, regulations, and best practices.
- Lead the company safety committee, spearheading initiatives to enhance overall safety awareness.
- Embrace additional responsibilities with enthusiasm, adopting a collaborative approach.
- Lead the proposal and implementation of solutions and intervention strategies for hygiene, health, and safety hazards, monitoring operational processes and employee activities for potential risks.
- Create compelling assessment documentation, incident and accident reports, and health and safety manuals.
- Effectively communicate incidents and compliance status with management, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Undertake other assigned duties as required.
Education & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, or a related field.
- Minimum of two years' experience as an EHS specialist or coordinator.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant regulations such as OSHA, EPA, and ANSI.
- Certifications in EHS.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting safety data sheets.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Execute tasks with precision, leveraging attention to detail and organizational skills.