PCB Design Engineer
Our client, located near Portsmouth, NH, is a well-established and highly respected leader in their industry. With a rich history spanning over 250 years, they are known for their exceptional quality and innovative products. Joining their team means becoming part of a brand that is synonymous with excellence. With 12 locations and over 3,000 employees, they offer a dynamic and exciting work environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced PCB Design Engineer to join our R&D department. In this role, you will be responsible for developing electrical system designs for new products as well as improving the designs of existing products. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the development of new products. As part of a collaborative team, you will work closely with electrical engineers, design engineers, project managers, and test technicians.
- Design innovative electrical component and assembly level designs using Altium.
- Create and review PCB layout drawings in Altium and analyze component and assembly tolerances.
- Manage the processing of PCBAs, layouts, drawings, and sub-systems through the PLM system.
- Contribute to R&D projects in a team setting, ensuring project cost targets and delivery dates are met.
- Perform tests and analyze test data, creating reports to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Ensure manufacturability of electrical systems and sub-systems.
- Develop a strong understanding of manufacturing principles and assembly procedures.
- Access technical information as needed to support product design operations.
- Provide technical assistance to suppliers and assist production in identifying and resolving manufacturing issues.
- Conduct numerical simulations and analysis as required.
- Participate in the company's NPI process.
- Engage in continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain 5S Standards.
- Adhere to all required Safety and ISO procedures.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years' experience as an electrical engineer required, 5 years preferred.
- Proven experience in PCB Design using Altium.
- Advanced level skill in additional software programs such as LabView, Arduino, Visual Studio, and C/C++ development environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong academic background in electrical engineering design.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in schematic, mathematical, or diagram form.
- Understanding of supplier capabilities and processes in component manufacture and PCBA fabrication.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Reside within a reasonable commute to Newington, NH or be willing to relocate with assistance.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits. They value diversity and provide equal opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.