Electrical Engineering Supervisor
We are seeking an Electrical Engineering Supervisor to lead our teams in Massillon, OH. This position will be responsible for overseeing the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams, specifically focusing on induction melting, heating, and pouring systems. As the Electrical Engineering Supervisor, you will provide support for technical, electrical, and mechanical design efforts throughout the organization.
In this role, you will coordinate the activities of the Mechanical and Control Engineer, working closely with the Manufacturing/Repair Manager, Aftermarket Service Manager, Project Manager, Vice-President, Sales Departments, and other international divisions. You will also assist in workload management and PLC programming support, as well as provide technical support to field-service technicians and electro-mechanical technicians. This position will require frequent interaction with customers and senior management within sub-contractor organizations.
As the Electrical Engineering Supervisor, you will play a key role in providing technical leadership to the organization. This will involve identifying and innovating induction equipment design and component concepts, as well as implementing upgrades to existing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Manage, direct, coordinate, and develop the Control Engineer and Mechanical Engineer teams, providing engineering support to project teams and other departments.
2. Provide technical support to the field-service group and oversee electro-mechanical repairs.
3. Develop and maintain positive relationships with company departments, domestic and international locations, key sub-contract organizations, and customers.
4. Provide technical guidance to Control Engineer and Mechanical Engineering process to ensure systems meet performance and cost requirements.
5. Utilize electrical engineering knowledge and proficiency in PLC programming to support project coordination.
6. Ensure the production and review of design documents, as well as test and commissioning documents, following a formal process.
7. Collaborate with Project Manager and Vice-President to ensure project progress.
8. Work with Project Manager and Sales department to forecast manpower needs and recruit staff accordingly.
9. Manage engineering efforts to support Business Development and sales activities.
10. Monitor and facilitate the professional development of staff.
11. Develop and oversee the performance of analytical, electromagnetic, power electronics, thermal, and utility system interfacing technical design methodology for modeling, designing, and applying induction equipment and power conversion systems.
12. Evaluate and solve complex problems related to induction melting and heating systems.
13. Assist in producing and overseeing patent applications.
14. Provide telephone support to service engineers and customers for technical problems of extraordinary difficulty.
15. Support purchasing in identifying, developing, and evaluating components and suppliers for specific applications.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and abilities needed for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (BSEE) in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
2. 5-10 years of experience in PLC and HMI programming, including testing with associated hardware.
3. 5-10 years of experience in the design, fabrication, and application of induction melting, heating, and power supply systems, such as high-power converters, control electronics, inverters, transformers, and power quality analysis.
4. 5 years of managerial experience in electrical, mechanical, power electronics, and control system design, development, and commercialization.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
6. Ability to travel up to 20% (Domestic and International)