Emergency Department Manager
TITLE: Emergency Department Director
LOCATION: Fairfield, IA
Would you like to work in a facility that offers work/life balance and treats you like family?
Live in a community located on the Banks of the Des Moines river, within an hour and a half of Des Moines and Iowa City.
Enjoy a great place to live with a lower cost of living. Additionally, agriculture, livestock, machinery, healthcare, higher education, and financial services all contribute to the local economy.
Join a vibrant community that has something for everyone, all within a town of 25,000 population.
What they are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Masters preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous ED experience preferred, along with a couple years of management experience in an acute care setting.
- Current RN License in Iowa needed at time of hire and current BCLS.
Hours and compensation potential:
- The position is full time.
- The salary range is between $95K-$130K.
- The facility offers a full benefit package and will include a relocation/sign-on bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
- The Director of Emergency Services provides clinical and administrative leadership and expertise in the field of emergency medicine, and is responsible for the implementation of the vision, mission, plans, and standards of the organization and nursing services.
- Participates, and facilitates staff participation, in nursing and organizational policy formulation and decision-making.
- Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care.
- Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel accountable to the Director of Emergency Services, including evaluation of performance.
- Coordinates nursing services with the services of other healthcare disciplines.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel.
- Assumes accountability for staffing and scheduling personnel.
- Assures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for personnel.
- Develops and monitors the budget for defined areas.
- Fosters a climate conducive to educational experiences for nursing and other students.
- Maintains oversight of the hospital trauma program and ensures that the facility is meeting all state requirements for trauma designation.
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness, and compliance with all applicable Joint Commission, CMS, state and local agency laws, internal/external regulations, guidelines, policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Facility is 200+ beds. Position reports to the CNO.
- Great department where everyone works well together, so looking for someone that fits in and has excellent communication skills.