Food & Beverage Facilities Engineer Planner
Nationwide General Contractor specializing in the food and beverage industry seeks a Food & Beverage Facilities Engineer Planner for their Boston, MA location. We offer in-house planning, design, and engineering services.
We are specialists in food facilities and prioritize operational efficiency. Our services include material handling studies to properly size and configure processing and storage areas, site search and evaluation, and selection services. Fluency in food safety best practices and food process engineering is essential. We also offer in-house architecture, engineering, and construction services, with an understanding of process flow, adjacencies, and material balance. Our focus is on value engineering and delivering projects ahead of schedule and under budget. We have a successful track record of securing high 6 figure utility company rebates.
- Define project program requirements.
- Assist in developing project layout.
- Estimate project cost.
- Prepare preliminary subcontractor scope of work.
- Secure preliminary subcontractor pricing.
- Prepare scope of work / proposal to Owner.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Network within the food industry and attend trade shows.
- BSE - IE, ME, EE, ET or related.
- 3+ years of construction planning experience in food/beverage or Pharma manufacturing facilities.
- 1+ years of Technical Sales experience desired.
- Previous experience in Process, Project, Industrial, Mechanical, Facility, Maintenance, or Production Engineering desired.
- Understanding of food processing design, flow, and processing equipment.
- Knowledge of basic utility requirements and food safety design and procedures.
- Understanding of general contracting.
- Experience in quantity take-offs of materials needed for project estimates.
- Experience in writing proposals, negotiating commercial agreements, and troubleshooting customer issues.
- Experience with Revit, AutoCad, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Powerpoint, and Microsoft Publisher is a plus.
Projects are located throughout the US with approximately 3 nights of travel per month.
Salary Range: $115 - 125K, Bonus Range based on Project Profitability $10-180K, 50% of health and dental paid by company, Life / Disability, Company match first 3% of salary dollars of 401K, Home Office, $500 Monthly Car Allowance, gas card, travel expense and vacation.