Non-Profit Organization Director
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Executive Director, in collaboration with the Board and the dedicated team, will play a vital role in developing and implementing a Strategic Plan to guide the progress of Allegheny County towards a cleaner, safer, and more visually appealing future. This position will be responsible for fostering community involvement, eliminating illegal dumping, securing necessary funding, and leading the staff in support of the non-profit's mission while ensuring efficient operations.
1. Strategic Planning: Collaborate with the Board and team to create an innovative Strategic Plan that defines the organization's strategy in pursuit of a cleaner, safer, and more sustainable Allegheny County.
2. Community Engagement: Work closely with communities to empower and involve residents in eradicating illegal dumping throughout Allegheny County.
3. Fundraising: Lead fundraising activities to generate the necessary funds to achieve the organization's financial targets and expand according to the strategic plan.
4. Team Leadership: Build and lead a high-performing team by recruiting, retaining, and motivating excellent staff. Provide development opportunities and delegate authority, fostering a sense of ownership in the organization's mission.
5. Staff Evaluation: Assess staff performance and ensure fair compensation and benefits.
6. Succession Planning: Implement and oversee a comprehensive succession plan for leadership, staff, and the Board to ensure the organization's ongoing growth and long-term success.
7. Board Development: Collaborate with the Governance Committee to recruit qualified Directors and Advisors, aiming for a diverse and effective Board that maximizes potential.
8. Leadership Development: Provide ongoing opportunities for Directors and staff to enhance their leadership skills, support fundraising efforts, and increase awareness of the organization's mission.
9. Volunteer Engagement: Work with the staff to attract and retain a dedicated group of volunteers who can support and promote the organization's mission.
10. Policy and Procedure Compliance: Ensure that staff and volunteers adhere to the Board-approved policies and procedures, as outlined in published guidelines and legal documents.
11. Communication: Effectively communicate policies, procedures, legal documents, meeting agendas, minutes, and other essential information to facilitate efficient governance by the Board.
12. External Representation: Act as a representative when engaging with external organizations, funders, government agencies, educational institutions, shelters, and other relevant entities.
13. Financial Oversight: Supervise financial activities to meet budgetary targets and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, reporting to the Board as required.
14. Stakeholder Engagement: Effectively communicate the mission's goals, purpose, and programs to partners, stakeholders, news media, and other potential audiences.
· Strong leadership and management skills.
· Commitment to Equity and Diversity as guiding principles for leadership decisions and actions.
· Commitment to community engagement and environmental preservation.
· Demonstrated success in fundraising and financial management.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
· Excellent communication and public relations skills.
· Knowledge of relevant policies and regulations.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field (advanced degree preferred).
· Current or recent resident of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania