Industrial Facilities Manager
My client, an internationally recognized manufacturer with over $900 million in global sales, is currently seeking an Industrial Facilities Manager/Senior Mechanical Engineer for their growing operation in Nashville, TN. In this role, you will be responsible for leading capital equipment projects to upgrade the entire plant.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced facilities/plant manager with a strong mechanical engineering background. You will have the chance to manage significant investment projects within a growing manufacturing operation, providing long-term career stability and diverse technical challenges. This is a high-profile position with high visibility.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens due to the company's involvement in U.S. Defense Department projects, which are subject to ITAR Rules.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. Other engineering degrees may be considered, but mechanical engineering aptitude is critical for this role.
- 10-20 years of engineering experience is required.
- 5-10 years of experience in capital projects ($5 - $10 million) is required, with a demonstrated ability to track projects and follow through with design, RFQ, and execution.
- Proven experience in supervising engineers and project managers.
- Experience in contract review and negotiation.
- Previous involvement in commercial projects.
- The ability to read and interpret detailed schematics, drawings, and specifications for equipment and utilities (P&ID and equipment drawings).
- Efficient and effective troubleshooting skills, including root cause analysis training.
- A participative management style in problem-solving, project implementation, and continuous improvement is expected.
- Prior experience in plant/facility maintenance support, work order systems, and maintenance systems is beneficial.
- Familiarity with plant maintenance systems such as boilers and power distribution is a plus.