On-Site Repair Specialist
- Occasional overnight stays but you might be requested to visit a client on short notice if their equipment is down and affecting their production
- Understanding of electrical components, ability to read schematics, and basic troubleshooting skills
- Installation of software and basic configuration, including confirming IP addresses for remote equipment diagnosis
- Basic familiarity with PLC controllers and Camera Inspection equipment, programming skills not mandatory
- Confidence to make on-site decisions to resolve problems and get equipment up and running again
The role involves providing service over the phone, email, and in person to clients with equipment under service contract.
You will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and documenting equipment repairs. You should remain composed under pressure, work independently, and demonstrate resourcefulness in troubleshooting and repairs on-site. You may be involved in training clients, moving, installing, and repairing equipment, as well as instructing operators on basic usage and maintenance.
Comprehensive training on products and processes is provided, with further extensive training after gaining basic knowledge in the field. Final training may require time at headquarters. The equipment is electro mechanical printing equipment used for high-quality commercial production.
Company benefits include medical and dental insurance, expenses, a company phone and laptop, company car, gas card, and expense account.
The company is expanding and has plans for growth and utilization of unique technology and capabilities. They are preparing to introduce another equipment line, which will drive 30%+ growth over the next 5 years, with service and installation being crucial.
The Field Service Technician role in the area involves handling a high volume of equipment, resulting in primarily on-the-road time, with most evenings spent at home.
The company covers all expenses while on business trips to client locations and offers generous time off and compensatory time off. You will be scheduled to visit key client locations and meet with clients who have equipment issues that require in-person support beyond remote assistance or phone support with technical colleagues.
All travel arrangements are arranged by the company's travel service and directly billed to the company whenever possible. You will also be provided with a company credit card to cover gas and travel expenses.
The company is a leader in the industry and is utilized in some capacity by 95% of companies involved in any form of printed material production. Compensation can reach the $80's, with many technicians earning six-figure incomes based on their travel volume.