Manufacturing Efficiency Specialist
The Manufacturing Efficiency Specialist will provide support to a production facility and will be responsible for assisting in the development of production operation time standards, tracking cost and schedule performance at the part level, establishing efficiency calculations, conducting capacity and manpower assessments, designing production layouts and process flows, initiating cost reduction measures, and implementing other process improvement activities. The position may be located at either the Exeter or Newington, NH production facility.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
Our client is a leading provider and manufacturer in their industry with a 250-year history. They are renowned for their industry-leading quality and innovation, making them the preferred brand. The company has more than 3,000 employees across 12 locations.
WHAT YOU GET:
We offer a competitive salary, including bonus, along with a 401k match that vests immediately, excellent benefits, an employee discount, and opportunities for growth. This is an in-office position. We also provide relocation assistance if needed!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate closely with Manufacturing Engineers, CNC Programmers, Production Managers, the Finance Department, and other Support Teams to refine and enhance production processes within the division.
- Develop production rate standards and methodologies for machining, testing, and assembly operations.
- Conduct detailed time studies for both new and existing production processes, accounting for cycle work, periodic work, and Personal Fatigue and Delay.
- Analyze motion and time studies, line balance, and process flow to identify waste and implement improvements to work cells, areas, part manufacturing, and processes to increase throughput and efficiency.
- Research, present, and implement innovative solutions to production issues.
- Address ergonomic and safety concerns in processes and propose solutions and improvements.
- Implement Lean Principles throughout the factory.
- Document and calculate cost savings using established cost analysis tools.
- Create plant layouts for machining and assembly operations.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintain and update router and cycle time data using the Company’s product life cycle database (Agile).
- Provide production floor support to ensure output and quality are maintained.
- Function as a technical leader for production personnel, junior Industrial Engineers, and Manufacturing Engineers, advising on production rates, methods, and layouts.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Video Time Study Software such as Timer Pro Professional or equivalent.
- Experience in plant layout using CAD software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, plan and execute multiple projects with exceptional quality.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in conveying complex subjects.
- Strong organizational skills for documentation and record keeping.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various concepts, practices, and procedures in the field.
- Ability to plan and achieve goals based on experience and judgment.
- Exhibit creativity and freedom in decision-making.
- Reside within a reasonable commuting distance to Exeter or Newington, NH, OR willing to relocate with company assistance upon employment.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident, capable of passing a drug screening and criminal background check.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Salary will be determined based on experience level.