The role of MES Leader based in Mccalla, AL involves taking ownership of our Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) system and providing support for the plant's Information Systems (IS) and infrastructure as required. The MES system connects the site with real-time production information and seamlessly integrates with equipment, controllers, and enterprise applications.
Close collaboration and partnership with Plant Controls personnel and Corporate IS/MES is required to ensure the reliable operation of all systems within the plant.
In this role, you will:
- Support and maintain the MES system applications and databases.
- Assist Power & Control personnel with IP address allocation, Vlan / routing configuration, initial setup, startup, troubleshooting, and ongoing monitoring of the network.
- Install and configure server hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc., according to standards and project/operational requirements.
- Support the installation and configuration of server and desktop operating systems, databases, applications, and virtual servers.
- Utilize Cisco switches for minor network configuration changes in support of the plant controls network.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards, including the VM environment, server platform, MES platforms, and network architecture.
- Define and create Downtime, Counters, and Process Control Monitoring Tags in GE Proficy Historian to support Plant Start-Up Commissioning requirements and long-term MES business strategies.
- Support and manage the File Data Management (PDM) system.
- Perform regular server, VM, and network performance monitoring, resolving abnormal situations before they impact network performance.
- Support Corporate IS in performing regular security monitoring to identify possible intrusions.
- Perform regular backup operations and create/change/delete user accounts as required.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures, engaging outside resources as necessary.
- Support plantwide computers, thin-clients, and information systems.
- Manage and track all related capital assets for IS and MES plant needs.
- Maintain the annual IS expense budget for support and licensing.
- Coordinate OS patches and upgrades, and configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain the data center environment in a clean, neat, and orderly manner.
- Manage relationships between business areas and Information Services department.
- Manage and prioritize a portfolio of assigned projects and work with business areas to prioritize work requests.
- Consult with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to document existing processes, research best practices, and propose future process improvements.
- Define business requirements collaboratively with SMEs based on business needs and gaps.
- Provide solution alternatives, recommend solutions, and ensure buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Support and enforce standards and methodologies for business process development, project management, and change management.
- Coach, teach, train, and mentor other Process Engineers, Quality, and Technicians within operations and Strategic Business Areas.
- Be flexible in working hours and responsibilities, including night and weekend work for self-performed systems maintenance and system reboots following scheduled maintenance.
- Own Change Management approval for plant-wide projects that impact MES or IS requirements.
- Maintain and update plant network drawings.
- Lead electrical and IS contractors on IT-focused projects throughout the plant.
- Take ownership of the File Data Management System (Adept) and act as a super user for eAM.
- Manage projects effectively, from planning to execution and completion.
- Own the Change Management automated system.
The Right Role for You
Are you motivated to contribute to the production of quality products? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and learning new skills? Are you flexible and able to adapt to changing responsibilities and timeframes? Are you a natural leader who can inspire others to develop their skillsets? If so, you are an ideal fit for our Company.
What we're looking for:
- A technical Bachelor's degree.
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with QMS PM Maintenance Systems (Proficy, Project Management, eAM).
- Strong industrial manufacturing experience.
- Operational experience is preferred.
- Experience in a project management role is a plus.
- Network architecture/configuration experience is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot IS issues in network, hardware, software, security, etc.
- Strong coaching and training abilities.
- Critical and conceptual thinking skills.
- SQL and VB skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Project, and Teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the CPG or pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of technical systems and terminology.
- Experience learning and integrating new technologies.
- Experience leading equipment installations in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize actions to meet plant objectives and long-term vision.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience leading, teaching, and managing others effectively.
- Able to perform moderate activity, including significant time on the manufacturing floor and physical work on equipment.