Legal Support Specialist
We are currently hiring for the position of Legal Support Specialist at our Uniondale, NY location. Our firm is a mid-sized law firm situated on Long Island. We are looking for an experienced Real Estate Legal Assistant who has worked in a law firm for at least 5 years. This is a Full-time position that offers a hybrid work model.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a law firm.
- A background in transactional real estate matters is required.
- Candidates must possess excellent spelling, grammar, and organizational skills. They should also have the ability to multi-task, work independently, and collaborate with a team. A typing speed of 55+ wpm is preferred.
- In addition to legal support, the candidate will assist attorneys with administrative tasks.
- The selected candidate will assist attorneys with client communication, creating and formatting legal documents, typing, and proofreading. They will also be responsible for phone answering.
- The candidate will use iTimekeep for entering attorney time details.
- Expense and reimbursement reports will be processed using Chrome River.
- The candidate will manage and prioritize incoming email and correspondence.
- Document scanning and emailing will be part of the job responsibilities.
- Professionalism and cooperation with legal staff, peers, and administrators are expected at all times.
The work schedule for this position is Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. The candidate will be required to work a minimum of 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely each week.