Location: Michigan City, IN
Our growing manufacturing company in Michigan City, Indiana is seeking a qualified Maintenance Lead. This is a direct hire position with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Requisition parts, tools, equipment and supplies required for operations.
- Direct personnel engaged in repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities, and inspect work performed to ensure quality and completeness.
- Review production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements to complete job assignments.
- Assemble, coordinate and prioritize projects through day-to-day production setups and breakdowns to maximize production "up" time.
- Engineer new methods of fabrication, repair or replacement of equipment.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment and/or manpower to increase efficiency.
- Develop, coordinate and prioritize preventive maintenance schedules.
- Maintain housekeeping levels.
Directly supervise 10-13 employees in the maintenance department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; plus 3-5 years' experience in industrial maintenance, with particular emphasis on preventive maintenance (p.m.), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 1-3 years' supervisory experience is also required for this position.