Responsible for overseeing the maintenance, repair, and replacement of plant equipment and systems to ensure optimal production quantity and quality. The individual will support the company's policies, goals, and objectives while also performing other assigned duties.
- Manage the plant maintenance program.
- Implement a plant maintenance program based on industry best practices, with a focus on preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Maintain inventory levels of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment by initiating reordering when necessary.
- Ensure the maintenance shop equipment is properly maintained and repaired.
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Analyze data, prepare reports, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget, working towards consistently meeting budgetary goals.
- Supervise plant maintenance personnel.
- Ensure maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated to effectively carry out the maintenance program in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitate open communication with maintenance technicians to address maintenance issues and ensure effective collaboration.
- Assist with the hiring of maintenance personnel.
- Conduct performance reviews of maintenance technicians based on job descriptions to assess competency, knowledge, and contribution.
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Monitor the operation of plant equipment and systems.
- Regularly review the operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, identify problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiate and execute projects to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Maintain compliance with safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with city, county, state, and federal regulations related to the maintenance department.
- Oversee the safety program for the maintenance department and review safety records to ensure maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
- Maintain and manage all plant and process equipment data, specifications, operational/maintenance manuals, and historical records of maintenance activities.
- Coordinate activities with other departments.
- Communicate directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Ensure effective participation of maintenance technicians in the implementation of QA policies and procedures by collaborating with the QA laboratory.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Implement programs and procedures to maintain plant cleanliness.
- Assist with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Assist with the development and management of capital projects.
Directly supervise maintenance staff. Carry out responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws. Assist with the hiring, training, and evaluation of maintenance employees. Plan, assign, and direct work. Address complaints and resolve problems.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel). Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and DCS/PLC operations control systems for plant equipment.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to perform basic calculations and work with concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Proficient in using and instructing others on computerized maintenance management systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to train, supervise, and evaluate subordinates.
- Effective time management skills.
- Problem-solving ability and the capacity to interpret technical instructions.
- Preferred minimum qualification: Two-year college degree, technical/vocational school degree, technical military background, or 3 years of relevant work experience.