Facility Operations Supervisor
Maintenance Manager in Montgomery, IL
About the Company
- We are a plastics manufacturing company offering excellent benefits, growth potential, and stability. Currently, we are searching for a Maintenance Manager to establish and oversee a new operation.
- The successful candidate will lead a team of 4 direct reports, as well as 20+ maintenance technicians and electricians in a high-speed plastics operation.
- We are looking for a proactive and motivating leader who possesses exceptional troubleshooting skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Please note: We are only considering candidates who reside in the Montgomery, IL area.
- Lead a team of Maintenance Mechanics and Electricians in predictive and preventative maintenance as well as machine repairs.
- Establish and develop the maintenance department, including hiring a team and implementing a CMMS system from scratch with guidance.
- Take responsibility for the development, implementation, and supervision of maintenance systems, processes, and documentation associated with efficient and high-performing manufacturing organizations (prevention and predictive maintenance, TPM, SOP's, safety, etc.).
- Ensure timely scheduling of maintenance tasks and collaborate closely with the Production team to coordinate equipment and facility repairs.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting maintenance performance (supplier and contractor performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.).
- Provide long-term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams experiencing troubleshooting challenges, problem analysis, or equipment failures.
- Train employees on proper work methods and safety procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
- Provide regular status reports to the maintenance management team.
- High school diploma required; Associate's degree or relevant maintenance certifications preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in maintenance supervision; familiarity with plastic injection molding, blow-molding, thermoforming, or similar manufacturing processes is preferred, but experience in any manufacturing environment will be considered.
- Technical skills in mechanical and electrical repair are necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance systems, work order processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, TPM, and inventory and scheduling software is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership skills, including conflict resolution, facilitation, change management, decision-making, empowerment, and delegation, are preferred.
- Capable of leading problem-solving and troubleshooting efforts for high-level process issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong planning and priority-setting abilities.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.