Location: Cicero, IL
- Foods manufacturer with excellent benefits, growth potential and stability is hiring a Maintenance Supervisor on 1st shift
- Seeking a Supervisor to manage a team of 10-12 maintenance technicians and electricians in a high-speed packaging and processing operation.
- The ideal candidate should be proactive, a natural leader with strong problem-solving skills and effective communication skills.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
- Lead a team of Maintenance Mechanics & Electricians in predictive & preventative maintenance and machine repair.
- Develop, implement and supervise maintenance systems, processes, and documentation for efficient and high-performing Manufacturing Organizations (Prevention and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, SOP’s, Safety, etc.).
- Schedule maintenance tasks and collaborate closely with Production to ensure timely completion of equipment and facility repairs.
- Establish and maintain Key Performance Indicators to track and report maintenance function performance (supplier performance, 3rd party contractor performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.).
- Provide troubleshooting and daily support to all operating teams for issues related to equipment failures, problem analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Train employees on proper work methods and safety procedures.
- Ensure tasks are compliant with USDA regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
- Provide regular status reports to maintenance management team.
- High School diploma is required; preference for an Associates degree and/or related Maintenance certifications.
- Minimum 10 years of maintenance supervision experience required; experience in food, consumer products, beverage, or related manufacturing preferred.
- Technical skills in mechanical and electrical repair required; knowledge in PLCs, instrumentation, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, motors, and support equipment (ammonia refrigeration, high-pressure boiler, compressed air) is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance systems, work order processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, TPM, inventory and scheduling software preferred.
- Strong leadership skills preferred (conflict resolution, facilitation, change management, decision-making, empowerment, and delegation).
- Ability to lead problem-solving and troubleshooting efforts for high-level process issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good planning and priority-setting skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
military veteran preferred