Night Shift Food Manufacturing Maintenance Supervisor

Location: Toledo, OH

A highly regarded and well-known company is offering an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor of Maintenance on the night shift at their manufacturing facility in Toledo, OH. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance department, production lines, and related equipment. The main objective is to ensure the effectiveness of the preventative maintenance system and to exceed safety and uptime goals, while also managing maintenance expenses. Other key responsibilities include overseeing equipment performance tracking, prioritizing repairs and improvements, providing technical guidance to mechanical craftsmen, and offering engineering support for maintenance and capital projects. The position offers an 8% bonus eligibility, which includes both base salary and overtime. Vacation days are accrued monthly, with the option to use them before accruing the full amount, resulting in a total of 21 days. The company also provides 401k matching of up to 6%, along with an additional 3% for a total company contribution of 9%. Relocation assistance is available nationwide. This position is available due to an internal transfer. The shift is from 6:00 pm to 6:45 am, following a 4x4 schedule. Additional unscheduled shifts will be compensated with premium pay. The company takes pride in having the most impactful, energized, and inclusive culture within their industry.

Key Responsibilities:

  • Lead and supervise maintenance workers responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery, tools, and equipment.
  • Monitor production line downtime and efficiencies, with a focus on identifying maintenance and mechanical trends and striving for continuous improvement.
  • Eliminate all potential causes of failure and ensure the full useful life of equipment by overseeing daily maintenance tasks performed by operators.
  • Train, motivate, and provide guidance to employees, promoting safe and high-quality work practices and adherence to standards.
  • Enforce the plant's safety program and ensure compliance with all OSHA safety regulations and standards.
  • Take full ownership of predictive and preventive maintenance activities, including oil analysis, vibration analysis, engine-compressor analysis, and infrared thermography.
  • Evaluate the frequency and effectiveness of preventive maintenance activities, optimizing the use of resources to maximize equipment reliability.
  • Maintain equipment to ensure efficient operation within the maintenance budget, while adhering to union contract and USDA regulations.
  • Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.

Qualifications:

  • High school diploma or GED equivalent
  • Minimum of 3 years of previous maintenance experience
  • Minimum of 1 year of management experience
  • Experience with Preventive Maintenance programs and knowledge of Electrical and Electronic principles

Company Benefits:

The company is committed to your overall well-being and offers the following benefits, which may vary based on your location and role:

  • Health: Medical, dental, and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident, and disability insurance
  • Wealth: Competitive pay, incentive opportunities, matching 401(k), and stock purchase plan
  • Growth: Access to online courses and participation in virtual and classroom development experiences
  • Balance: Paid time off, parental leave, and flexible work schedules (subject to your location and role)
Back to Jobs

  • Max. file size: 300 MB.
Share this job Posting: