Facility Maintenance Supervisor.
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the maintenance and upkeep of our facility in Freeport, IL. You will play a crucial role in implementing and managing a comprehensive Preventative Maintenance (PM) program that maximizes the lifespan of our plant assets. This program will involve managing all facility equipment, ensuring the security of our production processes, and aligning all PM activities with company policies and procedures. Compliance with safety, legislative, environmental, and certifying authority regulations will also be a key focus. As a Facility Maintenance Supervisor, you will exercise independent judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Supervise and manage a team to ensure strict adherence to safety standards at our facilities.
- Coordinate equipment downtime for preventative and planned maintenance, ensuring timely return to production.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering team to schedule and perform facility hoist checks and necessary maintenance.
- Work with Mechanical Engineering team to uphold lubrication routes and schedules.
- Plan and oversee scheduled maintenance on facility equipment.
- Order parts for projects, planned maintenance, and non-storeroom items.
- Hire outside contractors when necessary.
- Support Safety Manager and/or Mechanical Engineer in conducting facility safety inspections and addressing any deficiencies.
- Maintain facilities and grounds in compliance with regulations, agency standards, and financial considerations.
- Develop, implement, record, and regularly review PM maintenance logs for ISO compliance.
- Provide maintenance recommendations to Area Manager or Facility Maintenance Manager.
- Evaluate long-term needs for major projects and property improvements.
- Coordinate and supervise corrective and preventative maintenance in line with company procedures and financial considerations.
- Maintain major equipment and furnishings in safe and operable condition, arranging for replacement if necessary.
- Establish procedures and contacts for timely minor repairs to equipment.
- Obtain bids for major equipment and provide purchase recommendations.
- Offer training on safety and equipment maintenance to staff, using maintenance logs and other resources.
- Coordinate annual fire safety training with Safety Director and other employees.
- Monitor compliance with safe work systems and maintenance procedures.
- Fill in for Facility Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor when needed.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
A bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred, or a combination of equivalent education, experience, and training that equips you with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities for this role. Experience in estimating maintenance and repair costs is a plus. You should possess the ability to lead and supervise a multi-task team both technically and in a supervisory capacity. Proficiency in maintenance methods and equipment, strong leadership skills, and effective interpersonal communication are essential. Experience in managing union workforces is desired.