Apartment Complex Maintenance Worker
Our client is seeking to hire a Maintenance Technician for an upscale apartment complex in Windsor, CT. This is a permanent position with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, including a 401k match!
Our client values integrity, professionalism, and hard work, which are the core principles of our team. Our goal is to become the top property management company in every state we operate in, and we understand that hiring exceptional individuals is crucial to achieving this. Our on-site management sets us apart from competitors, and we want our team members to represent our values and make our residents feel like part of the family. We offer a rewarding career that challenges and engages our employees, allowing them to reach their full potential.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the property is well-maintained and comfortable. This includes building relationships with other staff, residents, and vendors. Key duties include providing exceptional customer service, conducting regular inspections for preventative maintenance, completing service requests, and assisting with apartment preparation for new occupants. The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Preparing vacant apartment homes for new tenants by performing necessary repairs
- Providing friendly and efficient service while completing work orders in occupied homes
- Following preventive maintenance guidelines
- Maintaining the cleanliness and attractive appearance of the property grounds
- Responding to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and appliance service requests
- Working collaboratively to achieve property goals
- Following safety protocols
- Employees must meet the physical demands outlined here to successfully perform essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities:
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to talk or hear
- Ability to occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 100lbs
- Strong work ethic
- A valid Driver's License
- Excellent customer service skills
- A positive attitude and ability to work well in a team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Facilities maintenance experience is a plus
- EPA certification is a plus, but not required (required within 90 days of employment)
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Available for after-hours and weekend on-call responsibilities (on a rotating schedule)
- Full-time, hourly position
- 401K match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive benefits plan available (medical, dental, vision, life, disability)
- Competitive wage
- Annual boot allowance
- On-site employee apartment discount available
- & More!