Manufacturing Operations Manager (job description)
We are partnering with a Global Packaging and Printing Company to conduct a search for a Manufacturing Operations Manager in the vicinity of Cincinnati Ohio.
• Minimum 5 years of overall manufacturing experience (minimum 3 years in a supervisory role).
• Experience with 5S/Continuous Improvement (Lean).
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with machinery/automation and computer-based software (financial reporting, attendance tracking, inventory control and Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel).
• Self-motivated, works with a sense of urgency and purpose, able to handle multiple tasks and be independent, highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of employees.
• Experience in process improvement programs is preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to change, and lead/support manufacturing projects.
• Printing/Packaging experience is a plus.
• Achieve company goals in Safety, Quality, and Productivity by utilizing Continuous Improvement principles and effectively leading cross-functional teams of hourly personnel within the production operation.
• This individual must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to follow plant guidelines and procedures to ensure the success of the shift and overall operation.
• Ability to effectively supervise up to 100 employees in any area of the operation and have responsibility for major plant equipment assets.
• Proven ability to coach, teach, mentor, provide feedback and constructive criticism, and manage employee performance.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment and ensure compliance with company and customer policies and procedures.
• Promote a culture of safety and quality within the company, actively participating in Continuous Improvement programs and initiatives.
• Communicate job expectations and ensure adherence to established standards, processes, practices, and procedures.
• Achieve production targets and plans by effectively scheduling and assigning personnel, and addressing safety, quality, productivity, maintenance, and personnel issues in a timely manner.
• Understand, communicate, and execute production priorities, ensuring accurate reporting of results and information in shift production summaries.
• Demonstrated experience in automating equipment and processes.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or a Technical field is a requirement.
• Candidates must be US citizens.