Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Mesa, AZ
Compensation: Base Salary $80,000-$100,000 plus bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance and Retirement Package
Relocation assistance not available for this position
Position Summary: Due to expansion of our Innovation & Technology Center R&D Team, we are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer. This role involves designing cutting-edge structural components and assemblies for the medical, semiconductor, and other high-tech markets.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in mechanical design, including practical hands-on manufacturing experience
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency in using SolidWorks or similar 3D modeling software. The candidate must have strong practical working knowledge of the design platform.
- Experience working effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Thorough understanding of engineering fundamentals and the ability to apply them to manufacturing and product design
· Utilize advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, initiate, and successfully complete projects
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative products and equipment
- Experience collaborating with external suppliers, particularly in product development, process development, specification creation, and design/technology transfer
- Working knowledge of drawings, specifications, and dimensional tolerances
- Experience with FEA, CFD, and CAE is a plus
· Optimize processes for the scaling of new designs and long-term production
· Collaborate with engineers and technicians to construct and improve designs and product technologies
· Conduct hands-on laboratory and scale-up trials to validate conceptual technologies
· Assist in advancing the company's sustainability efforts by conducting research in thermoplastic composites recycling and providing viable recycled material solutions to customers
· Collaborate with global process engineers, production, and sales teams to develop and mature technologies for transfer to production, providing support throughout the New Product and Development Introduction (NPDI) process
· Effectively communicate results through presentations and reports. Maintain complete and accurate documentation in accordance with SOPs and Company policies and procedures.