Charitable Organization Director
Job Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead our thriving nonprofit organization based in Pittsburgh, PA. The Executive Director will guide our passionate staff and dedicated Board of Directors in achieving exceptional outcomes and driving growth for our organization. This role is focused on empowering our team, engaging with the Board, managing the organization effectively, cultivating and stewarding donors, and implementing a sustainable and ambitious vision for success.
Reports To: Board of Directors Must have experience leading a membership-based nonprofit organization.
Mission and Strategy:
- Work collaboratively with the Board to establish and execute a clear vision for the organization.
- Effectively articulate goals and objectives, and implement the necessary strategies to realize the vision.
- Ensure that all programs closely align with the organization's mission and vision, and achieve strategic goals.
- Partner with the Board to fulfill the organization's mission, serving as the primary point of contact for staff.
- Collaborate with the Board President to set meeting agendas, ensuring timely communication on program, development, financial, and strategic matters.
- Manage all administrative aspects of Board meetings.
- Facilitate regular interactions between the Board and Staff to enhance their knowledge of the organization's programs and key staff members.
Communications and External Relations:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including national/state, community, and business leaders, funders, etc.
- Enhance the organization's profile and strengthen its brand recognition.
- Oversee all internal and external communications, including lobbying activities.
- Direct the organization's social media presence.
- Recruit, lead, develop, and motivate a qualified staff to achieve program goals.
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate systems to facilitate day-to-day operations, including program management, development, and administration.
- Manage the planning and execution of major events.
- Ensure that all programs align with the organization's mission and strategic goals.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of community-related issues and promote best practices.
- Act as a strategic recruiter for all volunteers.
- Personally engage in program delivery, including volunteer recruitment, retention, and leadership development.
Fundraising and Financial Management:
- Lead fundraising efforts in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and ability to secure resources for the organization's financial sustainability.
- Develop and implement a rigorous and continuous fundraising plan.
- Manage the budget, ensuring the responsible use of organizational financial resources.
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial controls and systems.
- Ensure the timely preparation and filing of all financial and tax-related documents.
- Manage the organization's physical space, infrastructure, and assets in partnership with the Associate Director.
- Provide guidance on human resource issues, including developing and administering personnel policies, benefits management, employment practices, and handling individual personnel issues.
- Ensure the implementation of sound risk management policies and practices, including compliance with applicable laws and securing appropriate insurance coverage.
- Passionate about our mission.
- Energetic, goal-oriented team player with excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and strong relationship-building abilities.
- Demonstrated interest in supporting volunteers and a strong commitment to advancing art and design.
- At least 10 years of relevant management experience, including direct staff supervision, financial reporting/oversight, and lobbying activities.
- A self-starter, detail-oriented, and successful at managing multiple deadlines.
- Enjoys working in a close-knit team and embraces technology.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- At least 5 years of experience in an Executive Director or similar role.
- Past experience in meeting and exceeding fundraising goals.
- This is a full-time exempt position offering generous employee benefits and a supportive team atmosphere.