Location: Byron, CA
The position of Operations Coordinator in Byron, CA entails the responsibility of overseeing plant systems, performing routine operations, addressing issues and alarms, conducting basic maintenance tasks, and ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant. The Operations Coordinator follows established procedures and guidelines to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with Plant Operating and Maintenance procedures and technical procedures from vendors and manufacturers.
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Operations Supervisor and collaborates with other plant personnel.
The Operations Coordinator does not have direct supervisory authority but provides direction to temporary personnel and contractors regarding plant safety, operations, and maintenance.
This position requires working 12-hour rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays, based on schedules, workload, and plant conditions.
This position follows established procedures and operates with minimal supervision. Decisions are made within prescribed operating procedures and guidelines. The role involves complex recurring work situations, with occasional off-normal operations such as equipment breakdowns or trips.
The Operations Coordinator has the authority to control plant operations and must do so while complying with local, state, and federal regulations, permits, and safety regulations at all times. Effective communication about plant equipment condition, performance, and improvement suggestions is essential. The Operations Coordinator must ensure that duties are performed to achieve an optimal cost-benefit ratio.
All Company employees have a responsibility to ensure customer needs are met by performing their job correctly the first time and working collaboratively with their coworkers.
- Perform duties of a Control Room Operator, responding to abnormal and emergency conditions while prioritizing safety and environmental requirements.
- Continuously monitor system and component conditions, evaluate performance, and maintain plant equipment to meet dispatch requirements.
- Report abnormal plant conditions or anomalies to the Operations and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist in acceptance and performance tests for existing or new plant equipment.
- Conduct emergency activities to maintain electric service and safeguard station equipment.
- Perform basic maintenance tasks, including predictive and preventative maintenance, replacement of basic parts, valve maintenance, light electrical and controls work, etc.
- Perform tasks related to breakers and switch gear up to 220 kV, such as opening, closing, racking, resetting, and routine maintenance.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting and analysis on indication and control equipment.
- Collect, analyze, and trend plant operating data, and evaluate equipment performance.
- Assist in major maintenance conducted by outside contractors.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Participate in revising and maintaining plant operating manuals, technical references, prints, diagrams, preventative/predictive maintenance records.
- Maintain complete equipment files, logs, drawings, and schematics for designated equipment.
- Operate plant and rental vehicles, such as Aerial Lifts and Forklift Trucks.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Operations Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, or Plant Manager, as applicable.
- Maintain assigned working locations in a neat and orderly condition.
1. High school graduate or equivalent, with trade school, related military service training programs, or technical training school programs.
2. Strong mechanical ability and aptitude.
3. Proficiency in basic math skills, good verbal communication skills, and the use of power and precision tools.
4. Ability to work cooperatively without direct supervision and establish effective working relationships.
5. Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions related to power plant equipment and machinery operation and maintenance.
6. Strict adherence to safety practices and procedures.
7. Ability to respond to audio alarms and variations of sound.
8. Possession of a valid driver's license.