Assistant Packaging Engineer
R & D Packaging Engineer
This position is accountable for the organization, planning, management, and execution of packaging innovation, development, and cost reduction projects. The person in this role will also provide support to the Supply Chain in producing packages that meet customer and consumer expectations in terms of character, cost, and quality. This position involves building collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams, internal and external manufacturing plants, and packaging material vendors. The incumbent will serve as a technical resource for packaging within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acquire practical knowledge of problem-solving techniques commonly used in related functions and understand their impact within one's own sphere of influence.
- Lead technical projects, managing the timeline, communicating effectively, and outlining issues, risks, and contingency plans. Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Lead packaging projects in cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners by attending various meetings to understand and define the scope of work required for different initiatives.
- Coordinate and conduct functional testing, including plant trials, lab testing, shelf life studies, and evaluations of packaging material vendors.
- Create comprehensive written packaging specifications and plant trial reports.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical packaging challenges.
- Develop, test, and implement packaging programs for various types of projects.
- Support the development, validation, and execution of packaging productivity projects.
- Understand the financial impact of packaging programs and the integration of packaging with business strategies.
- Demonstrate the application of knowledge in solving problems and advancing projects in new or ambiguous situations.
- Stay updated on packaging trends and emerging technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
BS/MS in Package Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field. 5-15 years of experience in Packaging Development.