Manufacturing Finance Manager
Manager of Financial Services – Food Manufacturing
Location: Quincy, WA (onsite)
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to oversee the financial operations within our food manufacturing company. As the Manager of Financial Services, you will be responsible for managing various accounting functions, including Payroll, Shipping and Inventory Control, Accounts Payable, Grower Accounting, and receptionist duties. Your main goal will be to ensure accuracy and timely execution of all financial processes.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise the front office staff, Shipping and Inventory Clerk, and Accounts Payable Clerk on a daily basis to ensure accurate and timely performance of their respective duties.
- Oversee Seed and Grower accounting activities.
- Collaborate with HR to administer Payroll and Benefits for administrative and salaried staff.
- Manage the procurement and maintenance of office equipment and supplies.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained for pack reports, product receiving, dry supply receiving, and repack scheduling.
- Handle administrative communications with various plant departments, corporate offices, and other plants.
- Ensure accuracy in Grower Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Shipping, third-party Warehouse Inventory, and reconciliation functions.
- Effectively communicate goals and standards to team members in a clear and concise manner.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and recommend policy or process changes as needed.
- Prepare, negotiate, analyze, and review contracts for equipment, supplies, materials, services, and products (in conjunction with corporate purchasing when appropriate).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with a background in General Finance/Accounting.
- Three to five years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of basic business and management principles as applied to resource allocation, leadership techniques, staff and resource coordination, strategic planning, and HR modeling.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Office (especially strong Excel skills) and Dynamics 365 Business Central software.
- Excellent computer skills and basic understanding of hardware, with the ability to train others.
- Superb interpersonal, supervisory, and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to foster a team environment through effective management and coaching, while motivating others to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to plan and anticipate future needs and challenges.
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends as required.