The position of Plant Accountant is available at our manufacturing site in Norwood, MA. As the co-pilot to the Plant Manager, you will play a crucial role in driving the business forward.
This role requires a high level of intensity, agility, and aptitude in order to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects that financially support our diverse customer base. Key responsibilities include focusing on continuous improvement and eliminating non-valued activities, as well as maintaining a strong sense of customer service.
- Collaborate with plant management to increase plant efficiency and profitability by identifying and proactively addressing issues in line with GAAP requirements. This role will involve meeting the unique challenges of a complex and dynamic manufacturing organization.
- Ensure the timely completion of the month-end financial close for the roofing and granule plant, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of all elements of a plant's financial statements.
- Prepare analysis to understand the financial impact of current and proposed business actions.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of the annual budget at the plant level, as well as the reconciliation of inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory. Additionally, assist in the preparation of capital appropriations requests.
- Contribute to company objectives by supporting and challenging Six Sigma activities, with a special focus on financial analysis and cost reduction projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, with preference given to those with a CPA, CMA, or MBA or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in cost accounting and analysis with a major manufacturing organization. Strong knowledge of management accounting, cost and inventory accounting, and GAAP is essential.
- Excellent analytical skills to quickly understand and address factors impacting the plant's financial results.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to lead a process team and define clear vision, goals, and service standards. Must also be comfortable working independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across plant and functional organizations.
- A desire to challenge the status quo and continually strive for improvement.
- Strong IT aptitude, with the ability to deliver effective desktop reporting in a paperless, web-enabled environment. Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, and SAP is preferred.