Production Coordinator (Onsite)
Are you ready to take on a key role in our dynamic production team? We are searching for a dedicated Production Coordinator to drive efficiency, optimize workflows, and ensure smooth operations throughout our production cycle. The Production Coordinator plays a crucial part in planning, coordinating, and overseeing the production process from start to finish. This role involves scheduling manufacturing work orders, improving production efficiency, and managing the supply chain for production materials. The Production Coordinator works closely with internal teams and external partners to ensure seamless operations and meet financial goals and customer delivery deadlines.
- Review and analyze production schedules, process flows, and related data to optimize production efficiency.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to communicate product specifications, procurement needs, and current production capabilities.
- Maintain regular communication with management on lean project status and implement Lean Six Sigma principles to enhance production efficiency and meet performance metrics.
- Prioritize workflow while considering factors such as production time, labor requirements, quality optimization, and resource utilization.
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations, promoting a culture of safety among production staff.
- Oversee cycle counting activities to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Collaborate with purchasing to ensure timely procurement of raw materials and packaging materials, following appropriate procurement procedures.
- Establish and implement a monitoring system to ensure competitive pricing for raw materials, packaging materials, and logistics services.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships, including supplier selection, evaluation, and performance measurement.
- Prepare and maintain procurement plans and progress reports as required.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance processes and improve data management within the ERP software.
- Manage inventory levels and lead continuous improvement efforts to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Implement and uphold the 5s Visual Management System to enhance workplace organization and efficiency.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, or a related field is preferred. Will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Previous experience in production scheduling, supply chain management, or procurement is required.
- MUST be willing to work onsite and be present at the location.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make informed decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles and experience implementing process improvements is desirable.
- Proficiency in ERP software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.