Our client, a medical device innovations company located in Sumter, SC, is seeking a talented PLC Engineer to join their team. As a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), you will be responsible for the setup and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems used in the production process.
In this role, you will collaborate with the Engineering Group to monitor and improve processes for output and waste levels. You will also provide leadership and ownership of process performance issues. Reporting directly to Production Maintenance and indirectly to Production, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of the production equipment.
- Provide support in setting up and maintaining pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems on production equipment.
- Maintain all mechanical and electrical systems used on production equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on designated production equipment as specified in the PM Program or as required.
- Assist Engineering in the installation, debugging, and start-up of production equipment.
- Keep equipment logs for assigned equipment, recording downtime and maintenance problems.
- Support Engineering in maintaining and adjusting vision systems.
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and Quality System Requirements.
- Provide relevant information on equipment and process performance to Production Supervisors.
- Provide leadership in troubleshooting production equipment.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Industrial Electronics preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Industrial Manufacturing or a combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Industrial Electricity, AC/DC Circuits I & II, Control Circuits, Programmable Controllers, Programmable Controllers Applications, Industrial Instrumentation, and Problem Solving for Mechanical Applications.
- Ability to work a rotating 3-2-2-3 schedule, with 12-hour night shifts from 8pm to 8am.
- Experience interpreting ladder logic for Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting PLCs.
- Strong understanding of electrical industrial systems.
- Competitive salary
- Health and Dental Plan Options
- Employee Rewards
- Open paid time off policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive 401K plan with enhanced matching program
- Healthy work/life balance focused programs
Industry: PLC, Manufacturing, Production, Industrial Electronics
Job Code: j-2740