Capital Equipment Projects Manager
My client, an International Manufacturer with over $900MM in global sales, is a leader in the niche industry of carbon and graphite products. They are currently hiring a Capital Equipment Projects Manager in Nashville, TN. The role of the manager will be to oversee ongoing capital equipment projects aimed at upgrading the entire plant.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced facilities / plant manager with a mechanical engineering background. You will be responsible for managing large-scale investment projects within a growing manufacturing operation. This role offers long-term career stability, diverse technical challenges, and high visibility.
- U.S. citizenship is a must as some of the company's work involves U.S. Defense Department projects, with ITAR rules applying.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. Other engineering degrees will be considered, but mechanical engineering aptitude is critical for this position.
- A minimum of 10-20 years of engineering experience is required.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of capital project experience (valued between $5 million and $10 million) is required, with demonstrated experience in project tracking and Design-RFQ-Execution processes.
- Proven experience in supervising engineers and project managers.
- Demonstrated skills in contract review and negotiation.
- Experience in commercial projects.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed schematics, drawings, and specifications for equipment and utilities (P&ID and equipment drawings).
- Efficient and effective troubleshooting skills including root cause analysis training.
- Demonstrated participative management style in problem solving, project implementation, and continuous improvement objectives.
- Experience in plant/facility maintenance support and work order and maintenance systems is beneficial.
- Experience with plant maintenance systems like boilers and power distribution is a plus.