Engineering Project Manager
TITLE: Engineering Project Manager
LOCATION: Lawrence, KS
INDUSTRY: Agriculture / Conveyors
Our client, a well-established 60-year-old company in the food industry, specializes in custom fabrication solutions for the food, pet food, and plastics sectors. They design, manufacture, fabricate, resell, and implement a wide range of bin, storage facility, and material handling products. Their products have proven successful in industries such as grain, feed, fertilizer, seed, ice, and meat.
We are assisting our client in recruiting a Project Manager for their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for surveying, measuring, writing specifications, and designing custom material handling equipment. They will also oversee the manufacturing process and manage the on-site installation of the products.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of job orders, including leading the engineering, delivery, and startup aspects of assigned projects. They will also resolve project-related issues that arise from other departments and act as the main point of contact with the customer. The Project Manager will direct the work of Project Engineers and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of work, as well as ensure the successful delivery and startup of equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for project integrity, budget, schedules, and overall project execution.
- Maintain formal project documentation.
- Advise site managers and field techs.
- Utilize vendors (external and internal) to achieve milestones and resolve issues.
- Responsible for quality review of materials.
- Support change and manage change order processing.
- Visit customer sites.
- Act as the main customer contact for the duration of projects from kickoff through successful delivery or system startup/commissioning.
- Establish/verify and obtain approval of all customer requirements and project scope, including contractual obligations.
- Prioritize work of assigned Project Engineer(s) to account for lead times.
- Ensure accurate flow, stack-up, GD, and production drawings are delivered on time.
- Manage all vendor activities.
- Maintain accurate job item date entries within the ERP system.
- Define and enter change orders as agreed with customers.
- Ensure correctness of all job items/data within software.
- Coordinate shipment timing and communicate details with the customer.
- Provide customers with accurate system device/utility lists.
- Develop sequence of operations if applicable.
- Coordinate startup timing and prepare/direct Field Support personnel for effective equipment startup.
- Resolve project issues and questions from other departments.
- Collaborate with sales personnel in selling activities.
- Identify warranty and customer goodwill designations for items.
- Participate in department improvement and other initiatives.
- 3+ years of system design experience
- Proficiency in 3D software; Solidworks 3D experience is a plus
- Pneumatic experience is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25%
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company. If you are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.