Atlanta-based Quality Assurance Engineer
A well-known global company is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer for their recently established plant in the east suburban Atlanta area. This position involves leading and completing moderately complex quality engineering assignments, as well as performing statistical analysis of data to ensure quality standards are met. The role is based in Atlanta, offering attractive benefits including a 401K plan with matching and national relocation assistance.
1. Execute moderately complex quality assurance assignments and projects, and actively participate in the development process of new models. Also, perform Quality Management System documentation activities.
2. Coordinate product/process capability studies that involve moderate complexity.
3. Take the lead in problem-solving teams, identifying root causes, implementing corrective actions, and verifying their effectiveness.
4. Develop product/process procedures, including the creation of performance metrics.
5. Utilize statistical analysis techniques for problem-solving, quality improvement projects, and participation in Six Sigma teams.
6. Perform layouts, read and comprehend geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
7. Conduct investigations into customer complaints, develop corrective action plans, and verify their effectiveness.
8. Take charge of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) teams, and contribute to the development of Control Plans.
9. Serve as a liaison between suppliers and the company for quality-related activities.
10. Carry out any other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Requirements
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, for effective interaction with diverse groups of internal and external customers.
● Ability to prepare and deliver technical information.
● Extensive technical knowledge of quality and manufacturing processes, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), layout and gaging, machining methods, assembly processes, statistical process control (SPC), and statistical techniques.
● Profound knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools, including control plans and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
● Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
● Exceptional time management, prioritization, organizational, and planning abilities.
● Demonstrated capacity to work independently or within a team, and flexible in order to ensure comprehensive coverage of all quality-related activities.
● Fluent in English and the primary language used in the area of responsibility and/or location.
● Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical field.
● A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in manufacturing, process engineering, supply chain, or quality field.
● Foundational experience in quality within manufacturing, assembly, or machining operations.
● Experience with enterprise-wide reporting systems is preferred.
Must Have Experience
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing
- Proficiency in Lean Principles and experience
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Systems (functional & Adherence)
- Strong continuous improvement capability
- Ability to work well with people and ensure accountability
- Direct experience with ISO 9001 or related Automotive standards
- Proficiency in PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, and preferably GD&T
● Preferred certification: Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma Green Belt, or Quality Auditor.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
● Up to 25% travel may be required.