Atlanta-Based Quality Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Quality Engineer based in Atlanta but located in Athens, GA. This role involves leading and completing quality engineering assignments, conducting statistical analysis to ensure quality standards are met, and working in an assembly operation. With this position comes attractive benefits such as a 401K with matching and relocation assistance. Join our major brand name global company and make a difference!
1. Execute quality assurance assignments and projects, including participating in the development process of new models and handling Quality Management System documentation activities.
2. Coordinate product/process capability studies of moderate complexity.
3. Lead problem-solving teams, identifying root causes, implementing corrective actions, and verifying their effectiveness.
4. Develop product/process procedures and performance metrics.
5. Perform statistical analysis for problem-solving, quality improvement projects, and Six Sigma teams.
6. Conduct layouts and comprehend geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
7. Investigate customer complaints, create corrective action plans, and ensure their effectiveness.
8. Lead Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) teams and contribute to the development of Control Plans.
9. Serve as a liaison between suppliers and the company in quality-related activities.
10. Complete assigned duties as required.
Job Skills Requirements
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective interaction with diverse groups of internal and external customers.
● Ability to prepare and present technical information.
● Strong technical knowledge of quality and manufacturing processes, including GD&T, layout and gagging, machining methods, assembly processes, statistical process control (SPC), and statistical techniques.
● Thorough understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools, including control plans and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
● Effective analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
● Well-developed time management, prioritization, organizational, and planning skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team, with flexibility to ensure comprehensive coverage of quality-related activities.
● Fluency in English and proficiency in the primary language used in the area of responsibility and/or location.
● Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical field.
● Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in manufacturing, process engineering, supply chain, or quality.
● Fundamental quality experience in manufacturing, assembly, or machining operations.
● Preferred experience with enterprise-wide reporting systems.
Must Have Experience
- Strong manufacturing intelligence
- Knowledge of Lean Principles
- Expertise in Quality System (functional & adherence)
- Proven Continuous Improvement skills
- Ability to build relationships while enforcing accountability
- Direct involvement with ISO 9001 or related Automotive standards
- Experience with PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, and preferably GD&T
● Preferred certifications: Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma Green Belt, or Quality Auditor.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
● May involve up to 25% of travel.