A leading company has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer at their extensive manufacturing facilities located near Atlanta, GA. This position is in a high-volume manufacturing environment. They offer a competitive benefits package and the potential for up to a 3% bonus.
- Review all design drawings, operation sheets, process procedures, test procedures, procurement documents, quality manuals, and inspection analyses to ensure compliance with company and customer quality requirements for assigned products and programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain training strategies for Quality Systems and manufacturing staff on new and existing testing equipment used in both the production line and laboratories. This includes equipment such as calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision Systems, Digital Hardness Testers, contour tracers, surface testers, and roundness testers.
- Evaluate the capacity of testing equipment to meet testing requirements.
- Create and maintain inspection standards for auditing raw materials and products at various stages of the receiving, manufacturing, and shipping process.
- Efficiently coordinate the auditing and documentation of raw materials and products throughout the manufacturing process.
- Lead projects aimed at improving the quality of processes, products, and components based on internal/external findings or customer complaints. Collaborate with suppliers, design teams, manufacturing departments, and other stakeholders to analyze complex problems, determine root causes, and develop countermeasures.
- Lead or participate in Kaizen activities to analyze and develop countermeasures for customer complaints related to processes, equipment, and completed parts.
- Initiate and complete all studies, such as CPK, for parts supplied to customers.
- Document data, maintain databases, and generate computerized status reports related to inspection activities, nonconforming items, and other quality-related issues.
- Oversee and monitor the product sorting function and the return of defective parts, including problem analysis, training, and assignment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering field with a minimum of three (3) years of experience.
- Proficiency in using ATS, SPC, FMEA, and knowledge of various measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, CMM, and Vision Systems. Automotive manufacturing experience is preferred.
- IATF / TS16949 certification is required.
- Experience in quality systems and quality audit.
- Customer-service oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven technical skills in QC (Capability Studies, APQP, PPAP).
- Ability to read blueprints and measure parts.
- Supervisory experience, including two years of technical personnel supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Access is preferred.
This role is responsible for providing direction and supervision to employees.