Powdered Materials Engineer
My client, a Global Manufacturer with over $900MM in worldwide sales, is a leading company in the field of carbon and graphite products. They are currently looking to fill the position of a Powdered Materials Engineer at their expanding facility in Nashville, TN. This role will involve the development of new products, improvement of existing ones, and enhancements to their manufacturing processes. This is a unique opportunity with a stable and growing organization, offering a wide range of technical challenges and responsibilities.
This position is ideal for a motivated professional in the field of materials engineering who seeks long-term career stability and enjoys diverse technical challenges. The role offers high profile and visibility.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Some of the company's projects involve the U.S. Defense Department, and ITAR Rules will apply.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering is required. A master's degree is strongly preferred but not mandatory.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working with graphite materials and their associated production methods (such as pressing, extrusion, or isostatic) is necessary.
- Experience with materials engineering involving ceramics, carbon, graphite, and/or powdered metals is a must.
- Experience in high-temperature materials processing is required.
- Project management skills are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in experimental design, statistics, and data analysis (DOE, ANOVA) is required.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team and matrixed organization, while also being a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Experience or familiarity with Lean Six Sigma methods and Operational Excellence would be advantageous, though not essential.