Operating Room Nurse
TITLE: Registered Nurse RN Circulator
LOCATION: Lexington, Kentucky
Now is an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious hospital that has been recognized as one of the top workplaces in the state of Kentucky.
Are you interested in working at a modern facility that has been voted as one of the premier workplaces in Kentucky, conveniently located near Lexington? This hospital is part of a system and has a bed size of less than 100.
You will have the chance to reside in a county with a population of approximately 35,000. In addition to being in close proximity to Lexington, you will have easy access to Louisville and Cincinnati, both within a one and a half to two-hour commute.
If this sounds like the change you have been seeking, please continue reading.
- An Associates Degree in Nursing is required. A Bachelors Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Must have experience as a Circulator.
- Certifications required: BLS, ACLS
- Must have an active RN license in the state of Kentucky.
Hours and Compensation:
- Positions are available for day shift, and applicants must be willing to rotate on call responsibilities.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working in the Operating Room (OR).
- Hourly range between $30 - $44, depending on experience. The hospital offers an excellent benefits package and may provide relocation/sign-on bonuses.
- Performs various interventions as part of the patient's individualized plan of care, including administering medications, collecting specimens, and providing clinical treatments.
- Documents all patient care activities and interventions.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and progress to the care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Ensures surgical asepsis and sterile technique are maintained, prepares and positions patients for procedures, and verifies the presence and validation of all necessary equipment, supplies, and instruments.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to coordinate patient care, including transfers, discharges, referrals, and providing spiritual and psychosocial support.
- Evaluates the learning needs of patients and their families and provides appropriate education throughout the perioperative process, considering factors such as age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Advocates for the patients' physical and emotional well-being.
- Assesses and provides care for surgical patients throughout the intraoperative process, including assisting with preoperative preparation and postoperative care.
- Operates specialized equipment during procedures and maintains a safe surgical environment.
The hospital is an 80-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission.
The position reports to the Director of the Operating Room and offers the opportunity to work with a supportive and talented team.