Operating Room Nurse
TITLE: RN OR Circulator
Location: Conroe, TX
Would you like to work in a facility that offers a healthy work/life balance? Are you interested in making a difference in a small community hospital and being involved in patient outcomes rather than just being a cog in a large corporate machine?
Do you want to live within an hour of Houston, with access to all the amenities of a big city, while still enjoying the sense of community in serving a population of about 70,000?
If this sounds like the change you've been searching for, please keep reading...
What we're looking for:
- Graduate of a nursing school with an Associates and Bachelors degree.
- At least one year of recent perioperative nursing experience.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in Texas, or immediate eligibility.
- Basic Life Support certification required within 30 days of employment; preferred CNOR certification.
Hours and compensation potential:
- Full-time day shift position; on-call duty required 8 days per month, with a 30-minute response time.
- Compensation ranges from $40/hr to $48/hr, based on experience. On-call pay and time-and-a-half for recall.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including CME allowance and sign-on bonus.
What you'll be doing:
- Using the nursing process and collaborating with physicians and the healthcare team to provide care to surgical and invasive procedure patients.
- Assessing patients, establishing nursing diagnoses, and predicting outcomes based on ongoing data collection.
- Coordinating and planning delivery of care with a multidisciplinary team, implementing interventions, and evaluating progress towards goals.
- Communicating effectively with physicians and team members, providing patient/family teaching, and administering medications.
- Adhering to infection prevention protocols, respecting patient rights and privacy, and demonstrating adaptability and professionalism.
- Participating in program evaluation, process improvement, and professional growth activities, and maintaining patient confidentiality and regulatory compliance.
- Working in a 5-suite OR with a supportive team under the supervision of the Director and OR Clinical Coordinator.
- Being part of a not-for-profit acute care community hospital with 120 beds and a Rural Health Clinic.
- Position is located one hour from Houston.
- Facility is accredited and operates as a nonprofit.