Waste Management Supervisor

Location: Indianapolis, IN

We have an exciting opportunity for a Sanitation Manager at our established company. Join our team and help us meet the needs of our customers nationwide. This position reports to the Production Manager and is based at our plant in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. The role primarily involves day shift work, with some flexibility for off-hours and weekends. As the selected candidate, you will be responsible for overseeing the facility's sanitation and pest management operations. You will support the plant's sanitation activities, including the proper use of chemicals, cleaning processes, sanitation equipment, and valve function and design. Additionally, you will establish standards for the maintenance of cleaning equipment, implement sanitation assurance projects, and ensure compliance with pest control and plant regulatory requirements. We offer competitive company benefits, including a 10% bonus eligibility. Vacation time is accrued monthly, with 21 days total available. Our 401k program includes a dollar-for-dollar match of up to 6%, plus an additional 3% company contribution for a total of 9%.

Key Responsibilities:

  • Develop a sanitation strategy for the plant, including setting long-term goals and utilizing available resources to achieve them.
  • Coordinate and implement sanitation operations within the plant, ensuring adherence to all sanitation control measures.
  • Engage team members in process improvement efforts, while enforcing safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and plant policies.
  • Track sanitation costs and manage the department's budget.
  • Provide training to the sanitation department and conduct sanitation training for other departments.
  • Manage third-party contract services for sanitation chemicals, pest control, and uniforms.
  • Coordinate monthly internal audits and lead efforts to address any findings.
  • Empower direct reports to take on new challenges and encourage their professional growth.
  • Lead and document various department activities, such as training, inspections, and operational tasks, ensuring compliance with sanitation standards.

Required Qualifications:

  • High school diploma or GED, with a preference for a bachelor's degree.
  • 5+ years of experience leading high-performance teams and driving improvement.
  • 3+ years of experience in sanitation, with some experience as a Sanitation Manager preferred.
  • Experience with CIP systems and wet cleaning.
  • Ability to perform root cause analysis to resolve operational issues.
  • Working knowledge of the Six Step Cleaning Process.
  • Flexibility to work off-shift and weekends as needed.

Back to Jobs

  • Max. file size: 300 MB.
Share this job Posting: